2nd Shift Recovery Specialist, Gate House for Men
Hours: Monday -Friday 4:00 pm- 12:00 am
Excellent benefits package after 90 days of employment
This is an hourly position that can include awake overnight hours, which involves overseeing Gate House clients and coordinating their activities. Make observation notes to the staff in the Staff Log. Makes any major decisions with the support of and in conjunction with the House Manager and Clinical Director. Responsible for providing first responder coverage in the event of an emergency involving the house and clients. The Recovery Specialist offers a positive relationship, sets a good example, communicates an attitude of concern, listens, and displays a real belief in the Gate House philosophy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct clients in house chores.
2. Communicate with staff members and record observation notes in the Staff Log Book.
3. Monitor and attend AA/NA meetings each shift.
4. Coordinate transportation for clients (i.e., AA/NA meetings, scheduled appointments, etc.).
5. Help coordinate recreational activities in accordance with the Gate House structure.
6. Ensure proper food items are on the premises for meals.
7. Be flexible in accepting other responsibilities designated by either the House Manager or Clinical Director.
8. Perform observed drug screens when necessary.
9. Enforce Gate House Guidelines and administer appropriate discipline for guideline violations such as issuing verbal and/or written warnings.
10. Report Critical Incidents in accordance with policy.
1. Some cooking experience preferred.
2. Experience with therapeutic environment is mandatory. Must be familiar with drug and alcohol treatment programs.
3. Must be an approved driver by H.E.A.R. Inc.’s insurance company.
4. Must complete all required training in accordance with DDAP and CARF regulations.