The Gate House
Founded in 1972 and located in Lancaster County, PA, The Gate House is a non-profit organization providing treatment programs licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to provide residential and outpatient drug and alcohol treatment services.
Our residential programs are community-based, meaning that clients are integrated into the community, with life-skills, recovery support, employment, and housing options as quickly as their recovery will allow.
We believe addiction is a primary, chronic disease. Our philosophy is based on the 12-step model of recovery; the development of drug-free living skills; and other evidence-based treatment practices such as “readiness to change” and motivational interviewing.
Follow-up, ongoing case-management, and alumni services are provided beyond the treatment experience.
The Gate House programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and staffed by credentialed professionals, many of whom are in recovery. We offer a continuum of community-based treatment services that includes:
Our Guiding Principles
- Our first responsibility is to demonstrate compassion, empathy, and respect toward our clients. Each individual is unique and must be treated as such. As our clients grow and change, our treatment plans must also change.
- We believe that addiction is a primary, chronic disease affecting mind, body, and spirit. Our commitment to treating the whole person includes co-occurring conditions such as physical illness, legal involvement, unemployment, psychological challenges, and social isolation.
- The Gate House is committed to implementing recovery-oriented practices and evidence-based treatment models.
- The 12-step recovery process is a cornerstone of our approach.
- We believe programs that integrate recovering persons into their community are most likely to be successful. This integration process includes access to and use of recovery resources; life skills; vocational readiness and employment; mental and physical health resources; housing services; and education.
- All our treatment teams include licensed and credentialed professionals.
- We believe that follow-up services and an encompassing after-care program are integral to long-term sobriety.