Part-Time Outpatient Counselor, Gate House Behavioral Health Services
Position: Outpatient/IOP Counselor
Facility: Gate House BHS
Monday-Thursday 4:30 pm- 930 pm
Every other Friday 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Every other Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Reports to: Lead Counselor
The Counselor assists clients in addressing their substance abuse issue and developing healthy coping skills to maintain long-term recovery. S/he will provide clients with the necessary means and motivation for individual growth, and continued recovery within the framework of facility regulations. S/he offers a positive relationship, sets a good example, communicates an attitude of concern, listens, and displays a belief in The Gate House philosophy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts LOCAs and Interpretive Summaries.
2. Utilizes standard criteria as appropriate (ASAM).
3. Develops and updates treatment plans.
4. Conducts group counseling, and family sessions as appropriate.
5. IOP Counselor: primary duties include 3x/week IOP group
6. Obtains client records from prior treatment experiences, medical records, and any other useful written information that may assist ongoing treatment.
7. Utilizes referral network for case management needs as appropriate.
8. Performs crisis intervention when appropriate.
9. Documents critical incidents in accordance with facility policy.
10. Refers clients to a higher level of care as appropriate.
11. Assures all MA/DDAP/MCO forms are appropriately completed, including client encounter forms.
12. Assists administrative staff with billing questions.
Must be able to climb stairs. Must be able to work extended hours as needed, including evening hours. Must be able to travel.
Must meet Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs, Division of Licensing, Staffing requirements which includes at least one of the following.
1. Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a physician.
2. Master’s Degree or above with a major relating to human services.
3. Bachelor’s Degree with a major relating to human services and 1 year of clinical experience in a health or human service agency.
4. Associate’s Degree with a major relating to human services and 2 years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency.
5. Current licensure in this Commonwealth as a registered nurse and a degree from an accredited school of nursing and 1 year of counseling experience
6. Full certification as an addictions counselor by a statewide certification body.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be computer literate and able to work with most Microsoft products.
2. Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
3. Organizational skills.
4. Detail oriented.
5. Must practice cultural competency.
6. Ability to communicate and cooperate with employees of all levels.
7. Knowledge of persons served.
8. Knowledge of DDAP & CARF standards.