TRANSITIONAL LIVING HOMES
Recovery Housing in Lancaster County
To Help You Find Your Way
Designed to welcome individuals for up to one year, our transitional living homes offer an inviting environment that is specifically attuned to the unique issues confronting people as they transition into early recovery.
Once the decision is made to live in transitional housing, residents take comfort in knowing they’re in a safe and supportive setting. Each home is beautifully appointed and located in the community with easy access to bus stops, local businesses, grocery stores, and additional support services.
Each of our eight residences is also equipped with all the resources necessary for a comfortable modern lifestyle, including supplemental food, cleaning supplies, a washer and dryer, and kitchen appliances. In addition, GateHouse Transitional Living residents have access to cable, a desktop computer, a phone, and high-speed internet.
Click below to learn more.
Life at many of our drug and alcohol treatment facilities looks very similar to independent living, but with the added benefit of treatment. Within a safe, supportive, home-like environment, residents are able to focus on treating the main factors that contribute to their addiction.
- Zoning-compliant locations with professional safety measures in place
- Located in communities with convenience to bus stops, local businesses, grocery stores, and additional supportive services
- Access to cable, phone, desktop computer, and high-speed wireless internet services
- A unique opportunity for residents to obtain outpatient and intensive outpatient drug and alcohol counseling through The GateHouse Behavioral Health Services
- Resources to live comfortably, like supplemental food, cleaning products, bedding, kitchen appliances, washer and dryer, and transportation to house activities
- A live-in house manager at each location and a full-time, on-call coordinator
“My experience at The GateHouse was truly life-changing. The safe, structured, and caring environment allowed me to work through my problems with substance abuse and the underlying issues that contributed to them. I’ve been able to not only graduate successfully from their program but re-enter the world with a sense of pride, confidence, accomplishment, and the tools to stay sober.”
Residential Living for Recovery
Residents residing at GateHouse Transitional Living may receive their therapeutic services on-site or at our Behavioral Health Outpatient Center on North Cherry Street in Lancaster.
Upon Leaving GateHouse Transitional Living, we encourage all our former residents to continue with follow-up services through the Behavioral Health Outpatient Center. Our outpatient services include outpatient counseling, intensive outpatient, drug and alcohol evaluations, and partial hospitalization. In addition to the therapeutic services, GateHouse Transitional Living residents receive case management services on an as-needed basis.