TRANSITIONAL RECOVERY HOUSING
Recovery Housing to Help You Find Your Way
At The GateHouse, we have developed gender-specific recovery residences—known as transitional housing—throughout Lancaster County. By providing a home to men and women for up to a year, residents receive the support they need to transition to independent living. The goal is to provide structure, positive influence, and access to supportive resources to help residents find their way back to a healthy lifestyle.
- Zoning-compliant locations with professional safety measures in place
- Located in communities with convenience to bus stops, local businesses, grocery stores, and additional supportive services
- Access to cable, phone, desktop computer, and high-speed wireless internet services
- A unique opportunity for residents to obtain outpatient and intensive outpatient drug and alcohol counseling through The GateHouse Behavioral Health Services
- Resources to live comfortably, like supplemental food, cleaning products, bedding, kitchen appliances, washer and dryer, and transportation to house activities
- A live-in house manager at each location and a full-time, on-call coordinator
Is Transitional Housing the Same as a Halfway House?
Some organizations refer to their transitional housing as a halfway house. At The GateHouse, we do not. We believe our Transitional Recovery Housing facilities are much more than a “house” … They are part of a comprehensive program designed to meet gender-specific needs of people with drug and alcohol addictions.