GATEHOUSE TRANSITIONAL LIVING
Transitional Living in the Heart of Lancaster County
Upon leaving treatment, recovering addicts are typically ready to reside at one of our GateHouse Transitional Living (GTL) homes to continue practicing their recovery skills in the community. While it’s ideal for transitional living residents to have first gone through our Residential Extended Care program, it is not a requirement. Nevertheless, the benchmarks identified in Phase 3 of the Residential Extended Care program still extend to anyone interested in residing in our GTL housing.
The most important requirement for those wishing to be in GateHouse Transitional Living is the desire to remain in recovery, and we believe employment is key to helping residents maintain this focus. To that end, you must either have a job upon entering one of our GTL homes or you must have gotten one within two weeks of staying there.
We invite you to check out our picturesque transitional residences located throughout Lancaster County. Each one provides a calm, serene environment for recovery.
GTL: More Than a Treatment Facility
Our on-site house managers live and breathe recovery. They know its pitfalls well because many have faced the daunting challenges of recovery first-hand. Armed with hard-earned wisdom and insight, our transition specialists closely monitor every resident while urging active participation in a 12-step program, including regular attendance at meetings, obtaining a sponsor, and engaging in recovery-oriented events.
Living in a GTL residence doesn’t mean all work and no play, however. Our transitional living team regularly comes together to plan fun, lighthearted group activities such as monthly dinners, bowling nights, and holiday parties for everyone to enjoy.
Transitional Living Amenities
- Zoning-compliant locations with professional safety measures in place
- Convenient access to bus stops, local businesses, grocery stores, and additional supportive services
- Access to cable, phone, desktop computer, and high-speed wireless internet services
- A unique opportunity for residents to obtain outpatient and intensive outpatient drug and alcohol counseling at The GateHouse Behavioral Health Outpatient Center
- Resources to live comfortably, such as supplemental food, cleaning products, bedding, kitchen appliances, washer and dryer, and transportation to house activities
- A live-in house manager at each location and a full-time, on-call coordinator